Thursday, June 18, 2009

Magnet Board

Disclaimer: What I'm about to post has absolutely nothing to do with professional frame making. . .just so you know. We had absolutely NO idea what we were doing.
On Tuesday I finished the magnet board for Tyler's room. It's definitely NOT perfect, but it was a first attempt and he loves it. . . so who cares, right!

The golfer got things started by mitering the frame. It's a 24x36 inch frame. We glued it together with liquid nails, let it sit 24 hours, and then sanded it down. Then we glued on the sheet metal with liquid nails. Like I said, we're amateurs.

I spray painted a coat of primer and then painted it black by Tyler's request, distressing the edges. We were a little messy with the liquid nails, so the front looked sloppy. I modge podged some brown package wrap over the metal to cover the goofs. All in all, it came out fine, and Ty loves to have a place to hang his art.

No comments: