Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Nesting Boxes



I'll see my 4 sisters soon, and I haven't seen them for a while. I made them some little nesting boxes and you can make some too.


You start with 2 boxes of different sizes like these. I got mine at Hobby Lobby.


You pick 3 coordinating sheets of paper for each set of boxes. (3 sheets of each paper)



You neglect to comb your 5-year-old's hair, and instead, pull out the handy dandy mod podge, easter bargain vinyl tablecloth, paper cutter and sponge brush.

You proceed to measure, cut and smear mod podge on your table, fingers and children for the next 2 hours. You might get some on the boxes if you are lucky.

Keep in mind the old saying - - - measure twice, cut once.


I think they turned out cute. I also added the little drawer pulls on the top box. (Also at Hobby Lobby)

6 comments:

Signing Out said...

Oh, so pretty ... love these! I want to make some to put on the open shelves in the upstairs bath to put my daughter's hair stuff in. Thanks for sharing this!

Jane

Tricia said...

I love them all, but the ones with the green and black are by far my favorites. So great! I'm quite sure your sisters will love them.
*Tricia

Tricia said...

Hi Kayleen.
I have an award for you over at my blog.
*Tricia

Rachel~Wildflower Photography Studio and Wildflower Creative said...

Oh, my gosh....these are SO stinkin' cute!!! I might...NO, I take that back, I WILL, steal this idea from you!

Rachel
http://littlebitvintage.blogspot.com/

Tommie said...

sooooo cute Kayleen!

Restoration House Interiors said...

Kayleen! I am so glad you got your goodies! Now, about these boxes...seriously...mod podge totally scares me as much as I love and covet the look of all things decoupaged! Help! Anyhow, I am in love with your project...great job and thanks for the how-to! Have a great week!